Built in the 1880’s in the Romanesque Revival style from locally quarried Berea sandstone by its namesake Robert Wallace, a shipping magnate, Wallace Manor continues to be one of the more significant structures on Franklin Blvd.
Built in the 1880’s, Wallace Manor has redefined itself several times. Primarily a single family home, the property had large spacious rooms, boarding and work room for the servants, and a matching carriage house in the rear. During the time of the great depression, the house was converted to a boarding house and remained that way until the mid 1970s. At that time it was put back into use as a single family house although much of the remnants of the boarding house remained. This great structure was completely restored / renovated beginning in the mid 1990’s over a period of 18 years