We present new release independent, foreign, and art movies, Hollywood classics, local filmmaker screenings, and broadcasts of stage productions from National Theatre and Royal Opera. We also rent the theater for special events, rentals, fundraisers, and birthday parties.
Established in 1920.
Reopened under new, nonprofit management on July 4, 2014. Renovations updated the lobby, concession stand, and theaters, retaining the theater’s classic look. The Garden has seen many owners and changes since it first opened its doors in 1920. Originally a single screen theater and sibling to the larger Playhouse (on Palmer Square), the Garden was divided into two screens and modernized to include stadium seating. It is now the only movie theater within downtown Princeton. The Garden updated to digital projection in 2013 and uses state of the art equipment. Plans are in place to reinstall 35mm projectors in the near future.